Well, a lot has happened since I last blogged!
Here it is in a nutshell:
On December 26th Kyler turned 18 months...could he really be that old already? Time surely does fly when you're having fun. I have been truly enjoying every moment of motherhood! Kyler is doing many things from singing songs, reading books, saying words and animal sounds to throwing all different types of balls, catching, and racing around the house! He is into EVERYTHING! His comprehension and connections still astound me. Following one step directions is a piece of cake for him - which I can't say the same for some of my third graders.
2010...Wow is it really 2010 already? I think as we get older the time seems to speed up. I can remember when I was in 4th grade (1989), and my teacher made us all shirts that said "Class of 1999". 1999 seemed so far off then, not to mention 2010! Each year seems to pass even more quickly than before. I can only hope that 2010 is a great year for all!
Shortly after the new year, Josh and I headed back to school and Kyler to day care. Even though we had a full two-weeks off we all fell right back into our routines. Kyler still LOVES going to Debbie's! Josh is continuing with teaching, his master's program, and basketball stats. And I got right back to teaching third graders. Although this semester looks a little bit different for me. I am hosting my very first student-teacher. After much convincing by my principal, I decided that this was something I could handle. Now when I go to work, I feel like I have a new purpose for being there. Not only am I responsible for my 21 students, but now I am responsible for a budding young teacher that will eventually influence many other lives. It is a good challenge for me.
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment