Thursday, March 11, 2010

"I just want to bang on the drum all day!"

Even though Kyler is in love with playing outside, he has found a nice indoor hobby. The other day we were watching Sesame Street (my how it has changed since I was young...Elmo actually gets e-mail now!), and Elmo did a whole segment on drums. Kyler was infatuated - he couldn't take his eyes off the T.V. So while he was finishing up the show, I realized that our oatmeal container was nearly empty, so I got busy making it into a drum. We covered it with construction paper and printed off some pictures of different kinds of drums to paste onto it. Then we found a pair of bamboo chopsticks that double quite nicely as drumsticks.


This homemade drum is one of Kyler's favorite toys - and it was absolutely free (the best things in life usually are free)! This morning Kyler was playing it and then he brought the drumsticks over to me and said, "Ma ma!" He wanted me to have a turn - what good manners my son has (thanks mostly to Deb)!

No comments: