Thursday, August 2, 2012

BIG Boys

We made our annual trip in to see Dr. Ripley today.  The boys are both thriving and doing exceptionally well for their age groups.  I'm a little bias, but I think that my boys are the most handsome, strongest, and most intelligent boys that I have EVER met.  I am so proud to be their mother!
Mr. Blake James is so curious, loving, stubborn, and so darn cute (with those blue eyes and bleach-blond hair)!  He is saying a few words which include: "Da-da, ba (ball), ouf-ouf (dog)".  He knows many signs such as: more, please, thank-you, dog, water, and milk.  Even though he can't communicate everything, he takes in a TON and comprehends very well.  He is walking, running, dancing, and climbing ALL of the time. In terms of his growth, he falls into the 38th percentile for weight and 62nd for height.  Blake LOVES his older brother and imitates him frequently. He is a joy (most of the time)!

Kyler Allan is so inquisitive, caring, mild-mannered and smart.  He is constantly asking what certain words mean and how things work.  He recognizes many letters and numbers only confusing a few (b,d,p and 6,9).  He is working on his letter names and number sense.  Writing is a struggle for him.  Kyler is starting to really get into sports; he has taken a particular interest in the Summer Olympics. In terms of his growth, he falls into the 88th percentile for weight and 97th for height. The feelings that Blake has for him are very mutual; Kyler is a phenomenal older brother.  We are thankful for Kyler!

I am very thankful for the summertime because it is a time in which I can reconnect with my family and really get to know these amazing young men that I am fortunate enough to call mine!  I wouldn't have it any other way!

No comments: