Well, many of you have been asking how things are going. I have been doing much better since I have gotten over the "four month hump". I haven't vomited (or peed my pants) since the horrible trip back from Joshs' folks house in late December. Hopefully it will stay that way! The aversions to meat and various smells have pretty much gone away (I can actually help feed the dog once in awhile). And I'm not going to bed at 7:30 as I did many a nights in the first trimester. I really don't feel that pregnant except for the fact that I can feel that baby move and I can't wear regular clothes anymore.
As you may have witnessed (from the ultrasound video), the baby is doing well. All the measurements fit right into the term of my pregnancy. At that time the baby weighed about 10 ounces. I think it might weigh a little more than that now due to the fact that I have gained 3 pounds in just one day. I'm not too sure if that can be all baby, or if that had something to do with the fact that my girl scout cookies have come in! Whatever the case may be - I have gained a total of 9 pounds and feel pretty healthy. I hope this is a good sign for the baby's sake. I don't really have any quarrels about the second trimester of pregnancy.

We are really looking forward to meeting our new little one. I am continually dreaming about her. In every dream that I have had, our baby is a girl with dark hair (similar to mine). The dreams are so vivid and convincing. It will truly be amazing if they are true to life. With those dreams also come nervousness and anxiety. Am I ready to be a parent? Is there such a thing as "ready"? How can I be the best parent I can? Am I going to make the right decisions? When I run through those questions in my head, or out loud to Josh, I am reassured (by the fact that I have a supportive and caring husband) that everything will work out. Without the support and the love of my husband I don't think that I'd be able to become a mother. I don't know how single parents do it (Mom you are AMAZING). Sorry girls, but I have the BEST husband in the world!




1 comment:
Nice blog entry! Josh doesn't curse. What are you talking about? Uncle Cranson is the one we have to be careful of. :)
Post a Comment