
There is definitely a baby in there! Not only can I feel it move throughout the entire day, but I have been growing. I'm sure there are those people that look at me and wonder, "Is she pregnant or just fat?" I'm pregnant darn it!
Yesterday was a big day for us. We decided to go crib shopping and peruse around for all the things we may need for our coming child. Well, it wasn't that exciting. As we were walking through the many stores I realized how overwhelming having a child can be. Then I had feelings of being an ill-prepared parent. Then those feeling made me recognize just how commericalized having a child can be. Don't get me wrong, having a baby is going to be a huge expense, but do I really need all the things Babies R Us tells me I need?
We ended up purchasing our crib at Target (we'll post pictures once we get the nursery going), and I adopted my step dad's motto about Wal-Mart: "If Target doesn't have it, I don't need it!" In terms of baby stuff of course. So you better believe that that is the place we will be registering.
On Friday we had a big day as well. I went to the doctor for my monthly check up. Again, I got to hear the baby's heart beat - it ranged between 140 and 148 beats per minute. From that you may think that we are having a girl. Who knows! My doctor said that everything sounded great and that my belly is measuring about 23 centimeters which confirms my projected due date of June 25, 2008. I am just about 6 months pregnant.
We also had a big day on Thursday, but I am going to let Josh tell you about that because it involved him (finally)!




1 comment:
I was making my weekly stop-in and saw baby porn. :) Just kidding, Elizabeth! I can't wait to come see the nursery in person. Now that basketball season is over, I hope I still see you a lot!
Post a Comment