Wednesday, September 10, 2008

More Thoughts on Motherhood

When we were engaged, many people gave us wedding day advice to, "Just take time to soak it all up." When we decided not to have children right after marriage, many people told us to, "Take time to enjoy one another." Then when I found out I was pregnant many people told me to, "Enjoy every moment of your pregnancy." Then when Kyler was born we got advice to, "Enjoy them; they grow up all too quickly." (see post from May: "Much Needed Parental Advice"). Are you noticing a trend? Because I am. This morning I was sitting with Kyler on my lap just admiring him and his little facial expressions, when it hit me that I need to do this more often. There have been many instances where I wish that I could just freeze time in order to "take it all in". I am finding that it is so easy to get caught up in the "hustle and bustle" of everyday life that we don't leave time for the ones we love. (And I haven't even returned to work yet!)

No comments: