Thursday, November 27, 2008
Thanksgiving
When I think of Thanksgiving, there are so many sights, sounds and smells that come to mind. When I was younger, Thanksgiving was a time for family gatherings, late nights with the cousins, making crazy crafts that my Aunt Mary would conjour up, but most of all a fabulous feast (including my favorite, black olives)! Then when Josh and I were dating we blended our families together by spending Thanksgiving with his family and Christmas with mine. This somewhat morphed the meaning of Thanksgivng from time with my relatives into time with the "new" side of my family. That meant we would travel to the western slope of Colorado and feast on the fixin's (including black olives) and turkey. The change was much welcomed due to the fact that I wasn't EXPECTED to help - even though I did. This year the meaning of Thanksgiving changed once again. Josh and I opted to stay at home for Thanksgiving. We did this for many reasons, which included the weather, the 6 hour drive, a break, and a time to start our own traditions with our new family. Regretably so, Thanksgiving just didn't seem like Thanksgiving this year. I'm not saying that it was a bad Thanksgiving, but there just wasn't the usual hustle and bustle of everyone trying to pitch in and find a place at the table. Yes, we did fix ourselves a feast (including black olives), but it just wasn't the same without much family surrounding us. We'll see what next year will have in store for us. We hope that all of you had a happy, and healthy Thanksgiving!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment