1/14/11 - I know this sounds a little silly, but I was awarded a ELMO document camera and an LCD projector from the Scott Elementary PTO and it was installed in my classroom. I am very excited about using it to better my teaching and feel as though it will make my teaching world just a little bit brighter! Thanks Dr. Wallace and the PTO!
1/12/11 - Kyler's first official trip to the dentist. We went last month with daddy for his cleaning so we could see what happens at the dentist...then immediately afterwards we went to the library and Kyler wanted to get books about the dentist. He did a fabulous job during his "cleaning"! After climbing up into the chair all by himself, he was able to try out all of the nifty tools. He opened wide, and the hygienist had nothing but good news to report. "Kyler has terrific jaw structure and very strong teeth for a 2 year-old!" I couldn't have heard better news!
1/11/11 - Josh had an orthopedic appointment and got clearance to bear weight on his injured leg! Bye, bye crutches and "roll-a-bout"! He came home dancing a jig!
1/9/11 - Playing in the snow! The first real snow that Kyler has been able to play in this season!
1/8/11 - We finally met our new niece, Baby Hadley Marie Urich! Josh's brother, Jeremy and his wife, Toni came down to Cheyenne, WY for the weekend to celebrate Toni's Aunt's birthday. We decided since we were unable to make it to Gilette for Thanksgiving that we would make the short trip to Cheyenne for the day. It was wonderful, and baby Hadley is beautiful!
1/3/11 - Back to school, back to school. Bittersweet. I believe that I am truly meant to be a working mother, but after having two full weeks off spent with my two favorite boys, family and friends, I found it difficult to get the balance between my working life and my home life going again. I'm sure it will be even more challenging come next August when I have to send two children to childcare.
1/1/11 - Being a numbers person, this is great way to start a brand new year! The only resolution I have made this year is to just live my life in the best way I know how to be happy and healthy! I really can't make a resolution to lose weight when I'm trying to gain it (I have only gained 9 lbs. and am in my third trimester of pregnancy)! Possibly after the baby is born I will resolve to lose all of the baby weight (Maybe the Kinyons will let me borrow P90X). Happy New Year 2011!
12/26/10 - 1/1/11 - We made our annual visit to the Urich's farm! When Josh became injured and being pregnant myself, we weren't sure that we were going to be able to make it. Just after Christmas the weather was cooperating, so we took our chances, went over the mountain passes, and made it there safely in record time! Because of our conditions, we were unable to do things that we would normally do over there, but we did get in a date night, a walk around the farm, Kyler helped grandpa feed the cows, Josh got in some extreme video gaming time with his brother, and we were able to just hang out and relax with good company! The day we intended to come home there was a terrible snowstorm in the mountains, so to played it safe and stayed a few days longer than planned. It was a great time for Kyler to get to know his grandma, grandpa and Uncle Jake!
12/26/10 - Kyler is 2 1/2! He still astounds me each and everyday! He is speaking mostly in complete sentences, singing his ABC's, counting to 14, knows all of his basic colors, using the potty (SOME of the time - we are still working on this one), dressing himself, talking about everything, and trying to "read" books on his own. Kyler is becoming more and more independent each and everyday! His favorite things, in no particular order, are: sports (football right now since it is in season), trains, books, playing in a band, eating, "snuggling", "Abby" (aka Sesame Street), Mom, Dad, and Lucy. Kyler is still a big boy for is age. He weighs in at 32 pounds, and measures 38 inches tall!
12/25/10 - Merry Christmas! I do have to say that this was one of the most anticipated Christmases I have EVER had. Once you are a parent (especially a parent of a 2 1/2 year-old), Christmas becomes much more exciting! Santa treated all of us very well.
We also made it over to my brother's house for brunch. It was so nice to spend quality time with the ones we love!
12/24/10 - Let the festivities begin! We went over to my Aunt Jane's house for our annual, extended family gathering.
12/21/10 - Gymnastics, Dr. visit, and "Ginger mans" - What a busy day! Every Tuesday Debbie brings her daycare children to gymnastics. This is the first time I have been able to make it! It was just so neat to see all of the cool things (the balance beam, rope swing, bouncy house, stretches, spring board and trampoline) that Kyler was able to do.
Then when we came home we had gingerbread man baking on the list. The last time we went to the library, Kyler and I got a couple different versions of "The Gingerbread Man", so I promised him that we would make our own gingerbread men.
Looking forward to blogging again!




No comments:
Post a Comment