I am 29 weeks pregnant...according to the baby ticker I only have 76 days left! I think this pregnancy has gone by a lot quicker than Kyler's! Many people have been asking us if we know what we're having...my response, "a baby"! So then the next question becomes, "Well, is this pregnancy different than Kyler's was?" Yes, it has been much different. I feel as though I am "carrying" both of the children very similarly, however, I have felt a lot different. With Kyler I had lots of constipation, heartburn and a tiny bit of morning sickness. I also gained a lot more weight with him. With this baby, I have gained 10 pounds, had NO constipation, tons of heartburn, hip aches, morning sickness every morning for the first 19 weeks, and I feel as though this baby moves way more than Kyler did! So my prediction = girl. Not only because I have felt a lot different, but the Chinese Birth Calendar says girl, and Kyler is staying consistent with his prediction of girl and he has even begun to use the pronouns her/she! We will be finding out real soon!
In terms of names, we have really stewed over them (as we did with Kyler). I really like the name Addison. So we unofficially decided on Addison Joy until our grandmothers became really sick. This baby is due on April 3 and my grandmother's 86th birthday is on April 4, so we have now been considering a namesake. My grandmother's maiden name is Dorothy Jane Kennedy, therefore a few more options have become available. We are throwing around Addison Jane or Kennedy Jane. We recently have found out that Josh's grandmother is really sick as well, so if we have a girl we will have a very difficult decision to make. In terms of boy names, we really haven't talked much about them. I wanted to name Kyler Blake, but Josh wasn't too fond of that name at the time. However, he did tell me that if this baby is a boy I could use Blake. Therefore, the only boy name that we have come up with is Blake James. My mother pointed out that Kennedy could be used as a boy name as well, so who knows!
After my doctor's appointment today, all is going well. My doctor commented on how easy I make being pregnant look...she's not around in the the evening when I complain about being exhausted, having killer heartburn and my hip aches from standing all day. Poor Josh, he's got to hear all that practically every night. I do, however, have a low blood count so I have to start taking iron supplements - an easy fix. Other than that, my blood pressure is great, my uterus is measuring right at 29 centimeters, and the baby's heartbeat was very strong at 130 bpm. I am starting to go to the doctor more frequently, so hopefully I'll be updating the blog more frequently!




No comments:
Post a Comment