I kind of like it when Halloween falls early in the week. Then we are able to make a whole weekend of it! On Saturday morning we got up early to head down to Longmont for their annual Halloween parade. The kids get to dress up in costume and parade down main street. Afterwards, many of the shops are open for trick-or-treating. Kyler got to hang out with his cousins. Between the four kiddos we had a puppy dog (Blake), Superman (Kyler), a fairy (Jillan) and Snow White (Madi). Unfortunately I left the camera at home and my phone was about to die, so this is the only picture I got.
Then that evening, we had some friends over for our annual pumpkin carving party. This was Kyler's innagural year...he carved his very own pumpkin (with lots of help from mommy of course)!
It was so nice to have relax at our own house with good friends, good food, and a fun, festive activity!
On Monday, Kyler had his Halloween party at Debbie,s. We made cake pops for Kyler to bring and share with his buddies. In the afternoon, Debbie took them all over to St. Michael's square to go trick-or-treating. They had a blast!
We ended our Halloween celebrating with our very own trick-or-treating in our neighborhood. Thanks to Mema on candy duty (for the 200+ trick-or-treaters we get), Josh and I were both able to take Kyler out!
What a fun, extended weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment