"That's life. That's what all the people say, riding high in April and shot down in May..."
The creation of life is such a miraculous phenomena. Having experienced it first-hand on two momentous occasions, I can say that it is simply amazing! But then there is the opposite of life...death. Death and grieving is such an interesting process. Especially losing a loved one. Dorothy "Nanna" Nestler (April 4, 1925), my maternal grandmother (the last grandparent I had) passed the evening of January 15. She was the grandparent that I was closest to. It is hard. There we many, many very fond memories I had of her and with her. Visiting her New Jersey home, playing monkey in the cage, going on a road trip (just the two of us), and sharing all of my "milestones" even when she doubted she'd make them. But I can't say that the memories we shared she truly remembered. Nanna was a victim to Alzheimer's Disease. More recently I had called her and she had no idea who I was. The converation ended quite abrutly when she said very firmly, "I don't know why you are calling me!" I responded, "I am calling to tell you that I LOVE YOU!" She finished the converation with, "I love you too, whoever you are." Stupid Alzheimer's! Rest In Peace, Nanna. You will be missed dearly!
Monday, January 16, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment