Friday, July 10, 2009

Date Day!

Friday is the one day that Josh has off from his master's classes and Kyler can go to day care. So Josh and I decided that we needed a "date day." This morning we took Kyler to Diane's so that we could spend the entire day together. All week I had been pondering what we could do with a day all to ourselves, and I came up with this elaborate plan.

After dropping my car off to get its oil changed, we grabbed our bikes and headed out to the Poudre River Trail. This paved trail follows the Cache La Poudre River from Greeley to Windsor. It was such a serene and relaxing ride. We rode about 10 miles into the small town of Windsor where we stopped at Loodles Coffee Shop and had a snack. I had been wanting to stop there since last April (2008) when I had met the owner/children's author and illustrator at one of my reading council meetings, and now I finally had an excuse. Once we were finished up with our treats we hopped back on our bikes, sore asses and all, and rode the 10 miles back to Greeley. We had a quick lunch, a Target run, and then we went to a movie (something that Josh and I hadn't done for who knows how long). We watched The Proposal. It was the perfect movie for date day - a cute little romantic comedy about marriage.

Now I am just finishing up a nice cold beer - what a perfect ending to the perfect day! Cheers!

No comments: