Friday, July 3, 2009

Learning from Lucy

Kyler simply adores is furry, four-legged friend! Lucy and he have a bond that is purely unexplainable. Kyler is tolerated so well by Lucy. She lets him pet her, chase her, climb all over her, and even kiss her whenever he wants. One of Kyler's favorite things to do is to chase her around, and then when he finally catches up to her he will sit with his mouth open eagerly awaiting a full on dog kiss with tongue action and all. And, of course, Lucy's favorite thing to do is sit patiently at the foot of Kyler's highchair ready to pounce of the first piece of food that he drops. They absolutely LOVE each other!

Playing together

Well, loving on each other is not the only thing Lucy and Kyler like to do. Tonight while I was cleaning up from dinner, Lucy was in her usual spot licking the leftover food off of the plates as I strategically place them one by one into the dishwasher. Then, Mommy's Little Helper, Kyler came along and observantly watched as I loaded the plates into the dishwasher and as Lucy licked them clean. Then all of a sudden he stopped watching and sprang into action. He pulled himself up onto the door of the washer and started to lick one of the plates! I couldn't believe what I was seeing! I was laughing so hard that it took me a minute to pull him off and tell him that it was naughty! It is so amazing that Kyler is not only learning from the people that surround him, but he is also learning from his furry four-legged friends too! I can't wait until she teaches him to go through the doggie door!

No comments: