Saturday, June 26, 2010

6.26

What can I say, it is an important day in our household! This year Josh and I are celebrating six years of marital bliss, and two terrific years with the coolest kid I know.

Six years ago...
...I married my best friend! I can remember being extremely nervous as my dad walked me down the aisle of St. Peter's Catholic Church. Then through the sea of people I can remember finding Josh's eyes and the calm feeling that rushed over me as I was about to promise my love to him forever. To this day, he makes me feel calm and collected when things get crazy. I am extremely lucky to have such a wonderful husband!
Two years ago...
...Josh announced to the entire room, "It's a boy!" We were both in pure shock! I was convinced that I was pregnant with a girl, therefore, I had convinced all of my family and friends (including Josh) of the same. Kyler Allan Urich, a name that many may not know, but we will be forever grateful that we do know him. Over the past two years I have come to know, teach, and love him in so many ways! He is an integral part of our lives, and always will be! We love you Ky!
This year we decided to have a family day. We all got into the car and headed up the mountain to Estes Park (this is a special place for us because Josh proposed to me there on February 15, 2003). If you have ever been to Estes Park, you know that it is a touristy town with lots of shops and beautiful views of Colorado's Rocky Mountains.We strolled around for a bit, found a bite to eat as well as a quaint little candy shop, hung out at the Scandinavian Festival (Kyler danced a jig), and watched the rushing water of the river.As soon as Kyler saw the water he was intrigued! We all just stared and listened. Then we got to a part in which you can go down to the river and immediately Kyler yelled, "Shoes off!" He wanted to take his shoes off and stick his feet into the ice cold, snow melt water.What a fabulous day to commemorate two very important events! I love my boys!

No comments: