Sunday, June 27, 2010

Summer Lovin'

As I have mentioned numerous times before, summer is my absolute favorite season. This summer has been especially fun. Kyler and I have been spending some quality time together and really getting to know each other. He is a cool kid if I don't say so myself (I'd like to think that I had everything to do with that, but can't possibly take all of the credit)!

Things that we do to make us LOVE SUMMER
1. Playing in the pool - Kyler absolutely loves playing in the pool. When we fill it he gets extremely excited and yells, "Pool, Pool!" He even likes to run and jump into it!
2. Hanging out with friends - Not only is this time for Kyler to get some socialization, but it's mommy time too!
3. Going to the park - Luckily there is a park really close to our house, so we can go pretty much whenever we want!

4. Finger painting! - The other afternoon it was extremely hot, so I decided to reach into my bag of tricks. Since our basement is unfinished, not to mention really cool, I thought that it would be a good place to try finger painting on a hot afternoon.


5. Story time - Every Thursday our local library has a "Toddler time story time" that we have been attending regularly. Kyler really enjoys the songs, stories, finger plays, bubbles, and friends there. Afterwards we spend some time in the children's section looking at books, playing with the train set, and running around the amphitheatre. Kyler loves to read, so this is right up his alley!

6. Movies - On Friday, we had a family day at the movies. Luckily Debbie blazed that trail for us, so Kyler acted like an old pro. We took him to see Toy Story 3 - He loved it and so did we!

The summer is only half over, so we have a lot more to fall in love with! We can't wait!

No comments: