Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Kinyon's Cabin

We have great friends! This weekend, the Kinyons invited us up to their family cabin to spend some time with them.

September of 2004 was the first time that they had invited us up to the cabin by Nederland to hang out. This was one of the first times that I had ever really hung out with Angy, and to be quite honest, I didn't really want to go. I had just started working with Angy at the time, and didn't know her extremely well. She had always been kind enough to invite Josh and I to go out with she and John but I seemed to decline rather frequently. This particular time I didn't have any excuses. We packed up our things and decided to give it just one night. Well, one night turned into the entire weekend. It was filled with lots of laughs, playing tons of cards/board games, drinking our fair share of Bud Light, a scenic trip into to the town of Nederland in search of a shot glass for Irish Car Bombs, a few short hikes around the Switzerland Park area, and it was the beginning of a friendship that will last a lifetime!This time, however, was quite different. There was still the Bud Light, and card/board games, but there were also 3 kids, 2 "pack-n-plays", waking up in the middle of the night, and crying fits. Although there was this change, we still had fun. It was really nice to get away, out of town, and relax a little bit. Not to mention, the company was great! Thanks Kinyons! We heart you!

No comments: