1. I am thankful for modern medicine. Where would our family be this week without it? For that I am thankful!
2. I am thankful for all of the support that has come piling in. We have had many friends step up and provide dinners for us this week. We have had numerous phone calls and e-mails from people that want to help in any way that they can. And for this I am thankful.
3. I am thankful that none of us were told that we were terminally ill. All of our ailments can be cured. After watching a segment on the Today show about the Cancer Center at St. Judes, I am thankful.
4. I am thankful for flex spending. With all of the co-pays, prescriptions and Josh's surgery costs. Even though it was intended to pay for the birth of our second child, I am thankful that we had it.
5. I am thankful that Josh's left leg was injured. If it had been his right leg, he probably would have been unable to drive for at least two months. It seems silly, but yes, I am thankful for that.
6. I am thankful for Thanksgiving break. Had all of this happened at any other time (not backing up to a break) then Josh and I would have had to take more days off from work running into the risk of not having enough sick leave and being docked pay. For this I am thankful.
7. I am thankful for my brother and sister-in-law. They are going to care for Kyler while Josh is in surgery, and cook dinner for us. They have also changed their whole Thanksgiving plan to include us by making more work for themselves. They are hosting dinner. For them I am thankful.
8. I am thankful that so far, there have been no effects of my stress and all of the medicines that I have been taking on the baby. I went for my 20 week ultrasound on Friday, and the baby was giving me a "Thumbs up" to tell me that all was going to be all right. Even though I have lost the 4 pounds (from the pneumonia) I have gained (from the pregnancy), all of the baby's measurements were spot on. The ultrasound technician said, "You can't get a better picture of a 4-chamber heart than this!" I was relieved, and for that I am thankful.

9. I am thankful for Josh. I think that should be enough said, but if you don't know him, you don't know that he is the greatest husband on Earth! He treats me like a princess and pitches in with housework whenever possible (even with a gimpy leg). He makes being married easy! He is the world's best father and cares for Kyler more than he will ever know. For Josh I am thankful. (PERIOD)!10. I am thankful for Kyler. Even when he is not feeling the greatest he can make me smile! (After pooping on the potty today he took one look at it and he said, "Looks like choo choo train, Mommy!" I had a great chuckle from that!) He is such and caring and kind individual already. For Kyler I am thankful!
It's all of the small things that we usually take for granted that I have been forced to look at this week. We do have MANY things to be thankful for this Thanksgiving!




No comments:
Post a Comment