Saturday, July 2, 2011

Kyler's "Date" Day

While over here on the Western Slope of Colorado (visiting Grandma and Grandpa on the farm), we decided to take advantage of having extra sets of helping hands. Josh and I took Kyler on a "date" day - a day spent only with mommy and daddy, while Blake got some quality time with Grandma!

Not too long ago Kyler told me, "I want to ride a cheetah!" I sadly broke the news to him that that is probably something that he will NEVER get to do, so he responded with, "Ok, then I want to ride a horse." I told him that that was a little more manageable. So since we were coming over to visit the Delta area, I contacted one of my friends, Amanda, who has two very old, tame horses. She obliged by inviting us over to hang out with her and her girls to ride. At first Kyler was a little uneasy, but then by the end he didn't want to get off!Petting BellaBrushing BellaRiding Bella with his friend, MayaRiding all by himself!

Once we were finished with riding the horse, we took Kyler out to lunch at the Ole Bakery Cafe. The food was delicious and the scenery beautiful! We even saw a deer walk right by the creek (pronounced crick in these parts)!My, what a BIG sandwich you have! Just wonderin' throughWhat a GREAT day spent with two AMAZING boys!

No comments: